NASCAR: The Legend Travis Pastrana finished 6th in his debut

Travis Pastrana did not need to rush over 14 cars to finish sixth in his debut in NASCAR, but he probably felt the same degree of excitement.

Pastrana, who leads the team Pastrana-Waltrip Racing Series K & N Western, took 20th place start. He subsequently managed to avoid several incidents to finish his first race in sixth position.

"It was just fantastic," said Pastrana, multiple gold medalist of the famous X-Games. "I had so much fun. I feel like I won! "

"Honestly, I was just happy not to be a burden. I learned a lot. The last green, for example, was chaotic with four drivers and three wide. I must thank Matt Crafton (his scout) who helped me out of trouble. "

Eleven neutralization slowed the peloton during the race demo All-Star NASCAR Toyota Cup in three phases each of 100 laps.

Pastrana has lost several seats in the first segment. "It's not easy. I drove the car like a rally car or a bike by braking much more than necessary, "he said.

Fortunately, the second segment has a much better place and the pilot managed to place in the top-10.

Then, after a final three red flags, Pastrana was able to make the teeth against the holder of the pole position as he battled for sixth place, three wide, with only 11 laps to go.

"With any luck, this will be the beginning of a great adventure," he said.

Jason Bowles won the event in a Toyota before the 2010 champion of the NASCAR Canadian Tire Series DJ Kennington, Chevrolet and driver Jonathan Gomez. Quebecer Andrew Ranger finished 22nd.